Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blog 12: JC's group fitness (hours/rules)

Jesus Esteves
Ms. Lopez
WRD 110
2 October 2014

Topic: Johnson Center- Source identification
            For this blog I decided to keep doing some more research about the Johnson Center.  I found an article on the UK’s campus recreations page under the section titled “Group Fitness schedule and policies” and the URL is http://www.uky.edu/studentaffairs/campusrec/fitness/group-fitness. Like I’ve said before, this website is updated daily there for it didn’t have the date of when it was published and also didn’t have a set author.

Topic: Johnson Center- Word summary
                In my last blog I learned more about the JC’s group fitness classes but I still had a few questions there for I decided to get them answered. This website gave me the schedule of when these classes go on. In order to assure that people can fit this into their schedule the JC provides different classes at different times every day. These classes are on the same day every week in order for people to create a routine.  The number of classes per day varies on the day but they offer up to 14 classes (the most) on Mondays and 2 classes (the least) on Saturdays. The other thing this article provided was the rules for all classes. A few of these rules answered my questions from my last blog. Those rules are: due to safety concerns, entry into class more than 5 minutes after it begins is prohibited. The next one was that it is required for there to be three participants to hold class. And the last one was that proper athletic attire is required. Clothing should not be restrictive - no jeans, khakis, cut-offs, scrubs, etc., and should be modest.

Topic: Johnson Center- reflections/questions
                This article was very useful because it answered some questions I had. It will also be helpful down the road because I now have a good knowledge about the group fitness aspect of the JC. Some questions I still have are: What’s the maximum number of people that can participate in one class? What happens if someone doesn’t follow one of the rules? What is the most/least popular class they offer?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home